PROGEDO – your first friend abroad. For us this is not just a statement but a commitment! That is why we regularly keep our customers informed about current events and developments that we consider particularly important for them.
A 14-day self-isolation will remain obligatory for travelers from high risk areas from October 1st onwards. A shortening of this period is possible with a negative corona test. It will still be mandatory to get in touch with the competent public health institution. New to those guidelines is that the test can only be done 5 days after entering Germany, which means that one must plan with a week of self-isolation at least because it usually takes 48 hours for the test result to arrive.
Last Corona – Updates:
- Corona Update, August 15, 2021 – New Corona high-risk areas – quarantine mandatory!
- Corona – Update, August 8, 2021: New Corona Regulations
- Corona – Update, July 7, 2021: Constant changes in classification
- Corona – Update, July 5, 2021
- Corona – Update, May 22th 2021: Great Britain will be a virus variant!
- Corona – Update, May 17th 2021
- Overview of the current procedures of the registration offices and immigration authorities
- Corona – Update, January 12th 2021
- Corona – Update, November 11th 2020
- Corona – Update: October, 29th, 2020
- Whitepaper: COVID-19, Relocation and International Recruiting
- Corona – Update, September 4th, 2020
- Quarantine in times of Corona- How PROGEDO supports you
- Corona – Update, July 09, 2020
- Corona – Update, May 25, 2020
- Corona – Update, April 21, 2020
- Coronavirus Covid-19 and the implications for visas and work permits
After that, a test is not mandatory though. Thus, one has the choice to self-isolate for 14 days without testing or reduce this to 7 days with a test on day 5 after arriving in Germany.
In Germany it is obligatory to wear a facemask that covers mouth and nose in public buildings, stores and on public transport. Depending on the state’s law there can be fines from 50 Euros and up to 500 Euros.
Public events like conferences, congresses and trade fairs are limited due to various restrictions depending on what federal state they take place in. This also depends on whether the event takes place inside or outside. In some states the limit of attendants indoors is restricted to 150 people. In others it is up to 1,000 people who can visit an event. The same applies for private gatherings: If one keeps the required distance and follows the common hygiene protocol, there are no further restrictions for contact with other people. On the other hand, some federal states have a rule of allowing from as few as 10 to as many as 50 people to spend time together.
In schools and kindergartens, the normal scope of care and teaching is reestablished, but the wearing of face masks is handled differently in every state. On demand, PROGEDO can of course update you concerning the situation in your area if you have specific questions.
If you need support during your time of self-isolation, you can inform yourself here about the services PROGEDO offers.
Our packages include coordination and organization of the travel from the airport after arrival to the apartment, the handover of the apartment, support with the formalities and supply of groceries during the time of quarantine. Additionally, we are available for queries at any time via our online chat. Of course, during our office hours, we are reachable via phone as well. In emergencies, we support our customers with the communication with public health offices or doctors. Especially during these difficult times, it is of great help to have people support you who live up to their aspiration to be “the first friend abroad”.
In case your company has additional services booked with us, we use this time to prepare those in a sensible way. For example, for home search, preparing administrative procedures or opening of a bank account.
As the first relocation company you can purchase our services conveniently in our online store:
- Individual Services 54 products
- Package Solutions 16 products