PROGEDO – your first friend abroad. For us this is not just a statement but a commitment! That is why we regularly keep our customers informed about current events and developments that we consider particularly important for them.
Due to the German federal government’s decided measures to combat the corona virus, many expats, like everyone else, face the problem of complying with regulations and deadlines. PROGEDO – the first friend abroad – therefore regularly informs interested parties and customers about current events in Germany in connection with Covid-19.
Last Corona – Updates:
- Corona – Update, July 7, 2021: Constant changes in classification
- Corona – Update, July 5, 2021
- Corona – Update, May 22th 2021: Great Britain will be a virus variant!
- Corona – Update, May 17th 2021
- Overview of the current procedures of the registration offices and immigration authorities
- Corona – Update, January 12th 2021
- Corona – Update, November 11th 2020
- Corona – Update: October, 29th, 2020
- Whitepaper: COVID-19, Relocation and International Recruiting
- Corona – Update, September 4th, 2020
- Quarantine in times of Corona- How PROGEDO supports you
- Corona – Update, July 09, 2020
- Corona – Update, May 25, 2020
- Corona – Update, April 21, 2020
- Coronavirus Covid-19 and the implications for visas and work permits
Entry and quarantine regulations for Germany, starting on July 2nd, 2020
The Federal Government loosened the existing entry requirements on July 2. Entries from third countries with a low risk of infection are currently possible, without restrictions, from the following countries:
- New Zealand
- South Korea
The list of states is updated every two weeks.
For citizens from all other third countries, there are still extended entry options if there is an important reason for travel.
Further information can be found here: https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/pressemitteilungen/EN/2020/07/aufhebung-einreisebeschraenkung-en.html
For travelers from all other third countries there is still an obligation to go into quarantine for 14 days and entries are only permitted in selected cases. This regulation is constantly updated, the latest status is available here: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html
PROGEDO offers special quarantine packages for third country nationals. On request, we can search and book temporary, furnished accommodations, take care of grocery shopping and other services and are available to answer any questions or problems via a hotline. Please contact us here for detailed information and we will gladly prepare an individual offer, which suits your needs.
In the case of entry from a third country, the quarantine obligation can be omitted if the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) detects a low level of infection for the respective third country. It is therefore advisable to keep yourself up to date on the applicable regulations.
More information and lots of useful tips specifically on visa issues and all about existing residence permits in times of Corona can be found here: https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/visa/covid-19-in-germany/special-regulations-on-entry-and-residence/
German citizens are of course allowed to enter the Federal Republic of Germany at any time – even with generally existing entry restrictions. Entrants from the European Union as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Great Britain and Northern Ireland can also enter without restrictions.
We are always happy to help and advise, please contact us here.